Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pistachio Chocolate Chip Coconut Pecan M&M Cookie Cups!




Pistachio Chocolate Chip Pecan
Coconut M&M Cookie Cups!
Now that's..a mouthful!
I had never even heard about this recipe until about 10 years ago. We had a cookie bake-off at our church and I was in charge of finding the judges.
Our pastor's wife won the contest with
 Pistachio Cookies, which called for a cake mix and pudding. Everyone loved them!
She gave me the recipe and I just never got around to making them..I've been saying that a lot lately.
Well, it's time..and I decided to add some 
coconut, M&Ms and chocolate chips.
I had an extra bag of Christmas M&Ms which I've been saving so I could use the green ones for
St. Patty's Day. I have to say, these are pretty good.
Of course now I see there are lots of variations
of this recipe out there!
Here's what you'll need.
...................................................
......................................................
Combine the cake mix and Pistachio pudding.
 Add the oil..
 lightly beaten eggs, almond extract
and water, stirring to combine.
 I kinda wish I had used a little green food coloring
here..just to kick up the St. Patty's Day factor!
 Stir in half cup each
 pecans, coconut
 and chocolate chips.
 Roll one tablespoon of dough into ball and 
place in mini muffin cup.
I used a Wilton non-stick pan so I did 
not need to grease it.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
  As soon as you remove the pan from the oven,
place about five candies on each cookie
pressing lightly.
This recipe made 49 cookie cups.

Pistachio Chocolate Chip Coconut
Pecan M&M Cookie Cups
1 box white cake mix
1 3.4 ounce box pistachio pudding
1/2 cup canola oil
2 lightly beaten eggs
1 tablespoon water
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup sweetened coconut
1/2 cup pecans chopped
M&Ms
..................................................................
Combine cake mix with pudding. 
Add oil, eggs, water and almond flavor.
Stir to combine. Then add the chips, 
coconut and nuts.
Roll into balls (1 tablespoon each) and
place into muffin tins.
Bake 10-12 minutes pressing M&Ms
into cookies right out of the oven.
Cool 10 minutes in pan.
I used a plastic picnic knife to gently 
lift the cookie cup out of the pan.
...................................................................
Enjoy!
Happy St.Patrick's Day
&
Sweet Baking
from
Sugartown Sweets!
Thank you for taking the time 
to stop by my blog today!
I love all of your comments and read each one.

4 comments:

  1. You are so creative!! :)
    Stephie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked these.....a lot!! I would've had more, but it was so hot outside. If you brought me some to church tomorrow, I would not be mad one bit ;-P. Awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete