Wednesday, June 20, 2012

(Gummy) Worms On A Stick!


Gummy Worms On A Stick!
When my hubby and I were on Mackinac Island
last week, I saw the sweetest little treat in Sanders candy shop! 
Pretzel rods, dipped in chocolate, covered with cookie crumbs and a smiling gummy worm perched on top! 
Adorable..yes, I think worms are cute..the candy ones anyway. ;o)
I looked everywhere to find the worms they used. 
I could not find them, so I went with these. Still cute.
The candy store sold the sticks for $2.49 each...
but you can make them "dirt cheap". (wink,wink)
I also made some tiny ones using pretzel sticks and the smaller gummy worms.
You will need: Pretzel rods~Melted Chocolate~
Chocolate Cookies(crushed for the dirt)~
Gummy Worms

I used these Oreo type cookies.
I just scraped off the filling, and then crushed them. 
If you can find the chocolate wafer cookies, that would be a little easier!
 "Mount Crumbmore"
 Pretzel Rods ready for dipping...
 Mmmm....
 Sprinkle cookies crumbs onto the chocolate, place on wax paper. Let sit till chocolate sets!

 Eeww & yum-o! Gummies!
Gently tap the pretzel, shaking off the extra crumbs to make sure the gummy worm will stick!
Spread a little of the melted chocolate to the underside of the worm and place on the pretzel.
I thought it would be cute to make little dirt piles for the smaller worms to rest on.
Spoon a little puddle of the melted chocolate on wax paper. Place a few pretzel sticks in the chocolate and sprinkle with the cookie crumbs. Let sit, then add the gummy worms.
 >>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<
 >>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<
Don't get all "wormy" on me! Just make up a quick little batch of these and you'll feel better!
Happy and Fun Creating 
from
Sugartown Sweets!
Comments are always welcome. :o)

5 comments:

  1. Thought you might enjoy this recipe!
    http://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/975551/pumpkin-pound-cake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the gummy worms from please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynda! Honestly, it's been a while since I made these so I'm thinking I bought them at Wal-mart. I try to use candies that are pretty easy to find. That said, it could also have been Target or even Walgreens. Happy creating! :o)

      Delete