Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Cupcake Cookies

Cupcake Cookies!
These sweet little cookies were inspired by a cute little pencil I bought a good while back.
I just LOVE all things cupcake! :o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I started with my coconut flavored cookie dough, rolled it out and cut it with two different sized cupcake cutters.
*Place cut-outs on parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake*
After cookies have baked and cooled, decorate with the pretty fuschia & red fondant. 
I had the red but needed to mix up some fuschia. 
I used Wilton white fondant and Americolor fuschia gel. I used about 3 times the amount you see in the first photo. Knead until streaks disappear. Keep covered with plastic wrap until ready to use.
Items needed to decorate cookies.
Light corn syrup~10x sugar~Assorted sprinkles~
Paint brush~Fondant roller
For the tiny cupcake, I used the same size cookie cutter to cut out the cookie & fondant. Then i used the larger size cupcake cutter (turned sideways) to cut off the bottom half of fondant. I then repeated this process with the red fondant.
Now just place one piece of each color on a corn syrup painted cookie. See next photo.
Here is the cookie lightly painted with corn syrup.
~Sweet~
Repeating these steps with the larger cupcake cutter..I changed this one up a little...
...I cut fondant strips freehand to mimic the look of a cupcake liner...
 Voila!


Cupcake Cookies
Recipe
3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup sugar
2 sticks salted butter (softened)
1 large egg
1 teaspoon coconut flavor
Combine flour and baking powder in separate bowl.
Cream butter and sugar in mixer.
Add egg and flavoring, mix well.
Scrape down sides of bowl and then another quick mix. Gradually add flour mixture on low until combined. Chill dough.
Bake cut-out cookies for 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Remove and cool completely before decorating.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy & Sweet Decorating
from
 Sugartown Sweets!
Thank you for taking the time from your busy day to visit my blog!
Consider leaving a comment..I love reading them all! :o)
Cupcake Cookies!

6 comments: