Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Quick, Fudgy & Chewy Frosted Brownies

Quick & Easy Chewy & Fudgy Frosted Brownies!

These delicious chocolaty bars are from a cookbook my sweet hubby bought me on one of our trips to Hershey many years ago.
Of course my Hershey cookbook didn't call for Ghirardelli chocolate..but yum, it's my favorite!

Six ingredients, including my current favorite flavoring of vanilla bean 'crush' will make for some awesome brownies.
You can totally use these brownies for bribes..just let them get a whiff of this..mmmm.
 While these babies are baking, you have plenty of time to lick wash the bowl clean!

 This frosting is gonna be good!
Oh yeah!!!
Moist~Fudgy~Chewy~Yummy!
Fudgy & Chewy Brownies
1 four oz. bar Ghirardelli unsweetened chocolate baking bar
1 1/2 sticks butter
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla (I use vanilla bean crush)
1 cup all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare 13x9 baking pan by lining with foil. Spray cooking spray onto foil. I then sugar my pan. This gives the brownies just a little added sweet crunch.

Melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring until fully melted and smooth. Add sugar; stir until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla mixing well. Stir in flour until blended. Pour into prepared pan and spread.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Do not over bake. 
Let cool while preparing frosting.

Creamy Chocolate Frosting
3 oz. Ghirardelli unsweetened chocolate (this will be 6 squares from a 4 oz bar)
3 tablespoons butter
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla (I use vanilla bean crush)
1/8 teaspoon salt

Melt chocolate and butter over low heat stirring until fully melted and smooth. Pour into mixer bowl. Add powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and salt. Mix on medium until well blended.
Frost cooled brownies.

These are amazing with a tall glass of cold milk, or..a nice hot cup of coffee!

Thank You For Stopping By
Sugartown Sweets!

New Members and Comments Keep My Life Sweet!   :o)

6 comments:

  1. hot diggety dang! i need a brownie stat. that one pic with the frosting 'bout did me in...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, now those are some good looking brownies. I love using vanilla bean paste instead of extracts. I've never tried the crush before. Is it vanilla bean paste, or is there something more to it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth! It's actually two varieties of extract along with vanilla bean seeds. I was watching a Christmas movie last year when one of the actresses mentioned her "secret" ingredient for her cookies. I can't remember if she named it, but I REALLY needed my own "secret" ingredient..haha!

      Delete
  3. These brownies are calling my name...loudly! Fudgy and chewy, just the way I like 'em! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha..I hear it too Sue! I was supposed to give the rest of this batch to my daughter tonight, but half of her crew is sick. So..I may be in trouble! ;o)

      Delete