Thursday, July 2, 2015

Airheads Balloon Pops!


Hello Airheads Fans!

If you're in need of an edible holiday treat just "bursting with flavor" then I'm so glad you're here..you've found it.
We're made with Airheads and Rice Krispies Treats.

And Whee.. flew in just in time for your 4th of July celebrations!
Using red and white Airheads, I've tried to re-create that lovable and iconic, smiling red balloon. And..since it's the 4th and all, I made a blue one to go with!
It took two packaged bars of candy for each balloon.
Fold together and roll out the candy with a rolling pin. I have found that the candy holds up better if you don't warm it in the microwave.

Lightly spray balloon cookie cutter (plus the decorator tips) with no-stick spray. Wipe off excess.
Cut out balloon with cookie cutter.

Now to make the face, I used metal cake decorating tips in two sizes as well as the edge of my balloon cutter. The balloon cutter was perfect for cutting out that beautiful big smile!

The edge of the larger tip worked great for the nose and the edge of the smaller tip worked for the smile crinkles.

I cut two equal and tiny sections to roll into the eyes.
Ok Blue, it's your turn!
~Smiles~
Use the balloon cutter to cut out the shapes using your favorite Rice Krispies Treats recipe.
To give the pops a bit more stability, I used candy melts to dip the ends of lollipops before inserting them.

We all love the new softer Airheads and since they're so nice and soft, I cut out white fondant balloons to place under the Airheads. I just didn't want little bumpy faces. Eewww!
I forgot to include a dab of canned frosting (or maybe corn syrup) in my photo. I used it to attach the balloons to the treats.
Now that we're all done..we're fairly floating on air!
 Umm..hmmm..he said it!
Wishing You All a Safe & Happy 4th of July!

Thanks for stopping by Sugartown Sweets!

Comments and New Members Make Me Feel Like An Airhead..and That's a Good Thing!   :)


6 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love the cute faces you added to your balloons. They are too cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth! I've had these in my mind for quite a while now and I'm so glad I finally got to make them!

      Delete
  2. Haha your candies have a great sense of humor lol, but no kidding they look exactly like the character on the package! GREAT JOB!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey those airhead people need to get a hold of you and commission you to make them for their company! they're PERFECT and i'm sure will continue to "blue" people away! :>D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the way you think Lisa! ..and thaaannk you! :)

      Delete