Saturday, October 31, 2015

Salted Caramel Sauce and My Fourth Birthday!


Salted Caramel Sauce & Birthday #4!
 I am celebrating my fourth year in bloggingdom!

Celebrating with one of my favorite things..Caramel Sauce.

I made it for the first time last month, and have make several batches since then. 

Some dark, some medium and some light in color, with medium hitting just the right flavor for me.

Hubby and I have been enjoying many of the fall festivals in North Georgia this month. Of course the first thing I was drawn to were all the yummy festival foods and treats. That's when I saw those cute little apples wedged and drenched in caramel sauce. We even had our own caramel apple booth set up @ our church festival this week!

Here is my version.

My grandbabies came over just after this little guy finished his photography session..it did not survive. They loved it!
 Birthday number four and looking for many more!
Pictured below are the ingredients you'll need.
 In the end I went with regular granulated sugar.
Heavy cream, butter, water, sugar..
Vanilla,
and beautiful salt. I am a salt fiend.
Combine water and sugar in a 2 quart, heavy bottomed saucepan. Cook over medium heat without stirring. Swirling the pan is okay.
It takes mine approximately 30 minutes to reach this medium amber color.
Slowly pour in heavy cream while stirring. Turn heat to low and stir till incorporated.
Remove from heat and add butter, vanilla and salt, stirring till smooth.
Pour your beautiful, finished caramel sauce into a glass jar.
 Let cool and store in refrigerator.
Oh my yum!

So many delicious ways to use your caramel sauce.
Drizzling this golden syrup over a warm apple pie topped with ice cream comes to mind..
Salted Caramel Sauce

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 Tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla 
1/2 teaspoon salt

In a 2 quart, heavy-bottomed saucepan, stir together sugar and water. Cook over medium heat without stirring. Swirling the pan is okay..and kinda fun!
Cook mixture until you see it turning a medium amber color.
This process takes about 30 minutes.
Slowly add cream-turn heat to low- while stirring. It absolutely will spitter, spatter and foam up in the pan. Keep stirring till incorporated. Remove from heat and add butter, vanilla and salt. Stir until smooth and pour into glass jar.
Let cool. Store in fridge. 

After reading many opinions on just how long this yummy stuff will last, I've decided to go with the expiration date on my package of heavy cream.

Thanks for stopping by.

Comments and new members just add to the birthday fun!

Have a sweet day, Karen   :o)

8 comments:

  1. Truly, one of my favorite combinations, just haven't made the salted caramel...YET, this sounds delicious! And a big HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY to you and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that looks delish!! Happy Birthday to Sugartown sweets!! WOOT WOOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna! You are crazy girl..woot woot! :o)

      Delete
  3. Happy bloggy birthday!!

    Tara :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always make the absolute tastiest caramels and caramel sauce!! Happy 4th Blogging Birthday!!!! 🎂🎂🎂🎂
    Stephanie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you my dear daughter! Since you are so sweet..i'll just have to save you some! ;o)

      Delete