Friday, December 8, 2017

Epic-Mega-Giant Reese's Rudolph and His Mini-me!

It's Rudolph and his mini-me! Well, almost his mini-me!

They may not have the same antlers, but that's because I'm out of those tiny candy canes. And, he kinda only made it to the party because I wanted to show how huge this giant Reese's is!

Half a pound huge! 4 inches across and 1 inch thick huge!

It's still hard to tell in the photo just how big this thing really is, and I had to guard it because when my hunky hubby saw it, he really wanted to swipe it!

He will get a nice surprise tonight to find out it's his after-dinner dessert!

I have a big pot of chili simmering on the stove while the snow is falling today in Fayetteville, and it is beautiful! The snow, not the chili!😜
To create the giant Rudolph, you will need:
One Mega-Giant-Epic Reese's Cup
Regular size candy canes
A large set of eyes-I used the ones from this Wilton's kit
Red Peanut M&Ms
Ready-made frosting
This Reese's cup looks like a pie!
Use a long, sharp, heavy knife to cut/trim the ends off unwrapped candy canes.
I used one of those paper straws to make the opening for the candy antlers.
It was the perfect size.

Just give it some good pressure and twist until straw pushes through the chocolate cup.

If you need to improvise with something else and your opening becomes too big, just dip the ends of the candy canes in a little melted chocolate before inserting into Reese's cup. This will stabilize antlers when chocolate sets. 
Make sure the holes line up evenly or your antlers will be lopsided. I mean, who wants loopy, lopsided antlers?   
Use the icing to attach candy eyes and nose.
Now look at this yumminess!!
You know you need one!


To make the mini-me, I used:
Mini peanut butter cup
Tiny candy eyes
Red Hots candies for the nose
Candy antlers from the same Wilton kit above
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer will be on CBS tomorrow night (Dec. 9th) @ 8pm!

Will you be watching? I will!

Merry Christmas, Karen 😊

9 comments:

  1. Another winner! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!! 😊

      Delete
  2. My family LOVES Reeses, so I'm sure with all the added cuteness, they would LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did we live before, Reese's? So glad we don't have to! :o)

      Delete
  3. well this rudolph can lead the way any day and i'll be f=right behind trying to eat him! lol ;>)

    ReplyDelete